My name is Camila Pastorelli, I am from Brazil and I have been living in London since spring 2020. I was born in a small town in the countryside of São Paulo state and since I was a little girl I have been interested in photography. Mostly influenced by my family, especially my paternal grandmother ‘Nonna’ Olga who always carried a camera wherever she went. I was fortunate enough to have a very image recorded childhood, memories that I still cherish to this day.
I studied Journalism at University and the photography classes were always the most anticipated. It was the camera that was my ticket into the amazing things happening in the city at the time. Since then, I have worked with photojournalists, publishers, documentary photographers; also working for non-governmental organisations and photo studios. I started investing in my career as a professional photographer around 2010.
Today, living in the United Kingdom I have been photographing many family events and daily life moments, a path that happened naturally and that I’ve enjoyed more and more. I am also passionate about developing my personal projects, many of them related to music and documentary photography.
A few of my favourite things in life – besides photography – are playing and listening to music, cycling (riding my bike and feeling the wind on my face), gardening (I’m crazy for plants!) and coffee (if accompanied by a Brazilian cheese bread, even better). Not to mention that I love meeting new people and places, something that is very much aligned with my photography.
Awards and Exhibitions
- Official Selection at the IPA – International Photography Awards 2022 – Street Photography.
- Honorable Mention at the IPA – International Photography Awards One Shot / Our Times – Pandemic Perspectives Photo Contest 2021.
- Winner of the London School of Photography and BFI Southbank B&W Photography Competition, London, UK, 2020.
- Individual Photo Exhibition at University of Taubaté, Brazil, 2016.
- Individual Photo Exhibition at the São Paulo subway stations, Brazil, 2015.
- Selected for the ‘25a Youth Art Festival’, from Sesc Ribeirão Preto, Brazil, 2014.
- Selected for the ‘Street Photography’ exhibition at ‘Foto em Pauta’ Festival, Tiradentes, Brazil, 2014.
- Selected for ‘The art of photographing’ contest, from EDP Bandeirantes, São Paulo, Brazil, 2009.
What clientes say
Camila was outstanding, from beginning to end! In addition to her excellent credentials, she made the whole process so seamless, putting me at ease and taking my brief into detailed consideration. We had an enjoyable time together producing magazine-quality photos!Kelly Michel, director and founder of Potencia Ventures / founder and board member of Artemisia
Camila is always my first option when I need a photo job for the artists I work with. Her professionalism and respect for deadlines goes with her talent, creativity and the genuine way she puts her soul in projects.Eduardo Lemos, music producer and head of creative at solar musicbox
Camila is very talented, professional and super friendly. I am 100% happy with my wedding photos! Every time I look at our pictures, I feel all the emotion from that day… I would recommend her to everyone!Fernanda Pierina